3 Things to Know about Our Transition from LMS to HealthStream
updated November 12, 2019
We shared earlier this year that we are gradually transitioning away from LMS on NetDimensions to HealthStream, HCA Healthcare’s enterprise learning management platform. We have some important updates to share with you and things to know about HealthStream. Please take note of the information below and share accordingly with your teams!
Important note: Team members must complete assignments by their due date during scheduled work hours, and should not use HealthStream from home or come in outside of schedule work hours to complete assignments. If you have questions about completing assignments, speak with your supervisor.
1. Annual Education will launch in HealthStream on November 1, 2019.
Typically, team members have completed their Annual Education in LMS by now. In light of other important deadlines and various activities happening this fall, 2019 Annual Education will launch in HealthStream (not LMS) on November 1.
Team members will have until 11:59 pm on December 15, 2019, to complete the assigned modules in HealthStream. Go to HealthStream.
2. CPR, BLS, ACLS and PALS are now being offered and tracked in HealthStream.
There has been some confusion with team members receiving renewal course notifications in LMS for these four renewal courses that are now in HealthStream. Team members should search the following four course titles to ensure they are enrolling in the correct renewal course:
- NCDV Basic Life Support (BLS)
- NCDV Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- NCDV Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- NCDV ACLS PALS BLS Combination Renewal Course
3. Most courses are in HealthStream, but you may find a few things in LMS for now.
Other than some North Tower education for assigned team members, nearly all classroom and online courses are in HealthStream. Any time you are searching for a Mission Health course, include or look for “NCDV” in your search (that means it’s a North Carolina Division course).
Other HealthStream Tips and Best Practices:
HealthStream is a valuable resource available to us now with HCA Healthcare. Here are some other tips and best practices for the best experience with HealthStream.
- Log in with your HCA Healthcare 3/4 ID and password.
- Access to audio/sound is ideal, however, you can complete the module without sound and turn on closed captioning using the “CC” icon.
- Use Google Chrome (instead of Internet Explorer) as your web browser. Do not access HealthStream through Citrix – some features may not display correctly.
- Complete all activities in each module to ensure completion.
- Make sure window pop-up blockers are disabled/turned off.