Caring Connection is Mission Health’s online hub for the latest nursing resources, happenings and headlines. Mission Health nurses make health, healing and compassionate care possible for the nearly 1 million people in western North Carolina who rely on Mission Health – their stories, work and vision are worth sharing. We are on an amazing journey of excellence together – one that combines our institutional stability with our evidence-based practice to drive innovation and achieve exceptional outcomes.
Filled with information relevant to our 3,000+ nurses across all Mission Health hospitals and locations, Caring Connection:
- Includes our nursing mission, vision, professional practice and governance models
- Showcases our nursing teams’ work, projects and achievements
- Connects our nurses to each other and important information
- Features the latest nursing happenings and headlines
- Highlights our nurses’ achievements in professional practice and development
- Provides access to basic or daily resources (like forms, documents, etc.)
- Shares messages from our nursing leaders
Caring Connection is a reflection of the caring and skilled teams and individuals who influence the nursing practice and work in partnership with all team members in achieving Our BIG(GER) Aim*.
What’s in a Name?
We asked our nurses to submit suggestions back in 2011 for the name of Mission Health’s online nursing platform. “Caring Connection” was among the most popular, proving to be the perfect phrase – even many years later – to represent the caring nurses who connect patients, visitors, neighbors, friends, families and other team members to healing, health, wellness and compassionate care every day.
Caring Connection re-launched in January 2018 with a new and improved design and content to further engage our nurses from all locations across our system.
Contribute to Caring Connection: Share your nursing news with nurses across our system
Nurses can submit articles, photos, comments or questions to be published on Caring Connection. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. All submitted content will be reviewed and approved before appearing online.
- If you are submitting photos: All photos must have consent forms signed for all team members/individuals included in the picture.
*Our efforts are centered around consistently achieving Our BIG(GER) Aim: to get every person to their desired outcome, first without harm, also without waste and always with an exceptional experience for each person, family and team member.