HCA Healthcare’s Giving and Volunteering Incentives
Mission Health has a long history of caring for our community, and as part of HCA Healthcare, we continue to incentivize employee charitable giving. Each year, our employees generously give their time and money to help our friends and neighbors. An important part of our culture and values is to give back as we are able.
HCA Healthcare uses a giving and volunteering platform called YourCause to help benefits-eligible employees access incentives for their donations of time and money to causes they care about. Colleagues are able to directly access this full range of incentives by signing into hca.yourcause.com
Colleagues can receive giving matches for both the HCA Healthcare Hope Fund, and non-profits of their choice.
The HCA Healthcare Hope Fund helps colleagues and their immediate families who are affected by financial hardship. This includes natural disaster, extended illness/injury, domestic violence, death of a loved one and other difficult situations. Donating to the fund through hca.yourcause.com will allow you to apply your Hope Fund Giving Match incentive.[Colleagues interested in Applying for Hope Fund assistance can learn more here.]
Ways To Give
- Payroll deduction starting at $1 per pay-period. You can make changes to your giving deductions at any time. We encourage you to review at least annually.
- Credit card
- Upload receipts for gifts made outside of the YourCause site
Ways to Get Involved
Are you interested in volunteering your time and talent with a local organization? Not sure where to begin? Here are some great resources:
- United Way of Asheville & Buncombe County’s Hands On Volunteer Center
- Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce’s Directory of Nonprofit Organizations
- Junior League of Asheville’s Volunteer Expo Guide
- Carolina Jews for Justice’s WNC Social Justice Advocacy Guide
- Chambers of Commerce and Rotary Clubs throughout WNC
Group projects are sometimes listed (and can be added!) to HCA.yourcause.com, and are announced in Scope and Take 5 e-newsletters. Stay tuned!
Do you serve on a non-profit board? Logging your board service in HCA.YourCause.com counts as volunteer hours! Go to: My Account> Board Memberships.
Interested in serving on a Board of Directors, Commission or Community Committee? Volunteering is always a great way to start, and networking with other community members involved in the causes you care about. Also, check out these resources:
- City of Asheville Boards and Commissions
- Buncombe County Boards and Commissions https://www.buncombecounty.org/transparency/boards-commissions/default.aspx
- Asheville Chamber of Commerce – Calendar of Events (Mission Health colleagues receive Member rates on registration fees)
FAQs and online support are available on the YourCause Help and Support Page.
For local assistance, please email MissionCommunity@hcahealthcare.com for help with:
- Group Volunteer activities for your team
- Maximizing your Giving and Volunteering incentives
- Joining local Boards of Directors and other ways to become more involved in our community
We appreciate your interest in caring for your community above and beyond the work you already do as a Healthcare Hero. Your gifts—of time, talent, and treasure—are sure to change someone’s life.