The following childcare resources are available to Mission Health team members who work in Buncombe County.
Our partners at the YMCA are providing childcare resources in Buncombe County for parents working in essential community services, including Mission Health.
NOTE: Please make sure to choose the appropriate site.
Registration is being restricted to employers identified by Buncombe County EOC, but all slots will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Sites open at 7 am
- Can accommodate children ages 3-12
- All sites are operating at a daily rate of $40 per-child, per-day (fee waivers available)
- Nurses are conducting screenings for all staff and children upon entering the facilities each day
- 1:9 staff to child ratios
- Spacing of groups of children to minimize personal contact
- Adhering closely to CDC guidelines on sanitizing equipment and program supplies
We are so grateful to our partners at the YMCA for making these essential services available to our teams during this time.
Mission Health Child Development Center
In addition, our own Mission Health Child Development Center is currently accepting applications for temporary PRN openings for child care for children birth to 5 years of age. We are a child development center for Mission employees and some affiliates under the Mission umbrella. If you are interested in this option, please go MOD and search for Child Development Center under departments, complete an enrollment form and email it to Sharon.Flushing@hcahealthcare.com as soon as possible. We will accept children on a daily and/or weekly first come, first served basis. Please contact Sharon Flushing or Jackie Bradford at 8287-213-9900 for more information.
Note that we continue work to identify additional options for the region. Some divisions are using NEXT DOOR to advertise for school teachers and college students who are at home and may be able to babysit.