New Facilities Work Order Process Starting December 2
Facilities Department will be rolling out a new work order process across all Mission Health locations. All team members will start using the new process for facilities work order requests on December 2.
- The only noticeable change for users is how to initiate a facilities work order request: team members will no longer submit work order requests through Dispatch unless they are urgent.
- Starting December 2, users will go to ServiceCentral by navigating to mymissionit.msj.org in a web browser or clicking on the MyMissionIT icon on their desktop, then choose “BUILDING MAINTENANCE.” The request form is the same – it will only look slightly different.
- Staff will continue to put in urgent facility work order requests by calling Dispatch at 828-213-4133.
Here’s what else you need to know and share with your teams:
- It is usually quicker to enter a request in ServiceCentral than to call – unless it is urgent, call Dispatch at 828-213-4133; otherwise, submitting a facilities work order request in ServiceCentral will ensure requests are processed promptly and efficiently.
- Provide details in your request – the more information upfront, the better! Include specifics like room number, location, when room might become available, etc., along with a brief description of the issue.
- Your request can be denied if there is not enough information for the request.
- Team members submitting a request will be notified when there are status updates or notes/comments added to the work order. Facilities team members responding to the request may comment, “I can’t get into the room” or “part is on order” so be sure to read and keep up with your request.
- Sometimes, when you submit a facilities work order request, another department may be responsible for the issue and you’ll need to contact EVS or IT.
As we implement this new process in December, we invite you to give us your feedback so we can improve and make this process as simple as possible for our team members.
For questions, contact Kimberly “Kimmie” Thomason at firstname.lastname@example.org.