Open now: 2020 HCA Healthcare Scholars Program Application Period: Jan. 3 – Feb. 28, 2020
Have you heard about how HCA Healthcare is investing in your higher education opportunities with programs such as the Tuition Reimbursement Program and the Student Loan Program? Now, you’re not the only one who can enjoy the benefits of pursing higher education – there’s opportunity for your dependents, too!
Introducing the HCA Healthcare Scholars Program
The HCA Healthcare Scholars Program, established and funded by The HCA Foundation, supports eligible dependents of HCA Healthcare colleagues in pursing post-secondary education. Applicants have the chance to be awarded up to $5,000 for higher education expenses.
The scholarship awards are merit-based and applicants are selected on the criteria listed below. The award amount, ranging from $2,000 to $5,000, is based on financial need. While not required, applicants can choose to provide financial information to demonstrate financial need for a higher award amount.
Selection criteria includes:
- Academic performance
- Demonstrated leadership
- Participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- A statement of personal and educational goals and objectives
- Unique personal or family circumstance
This is a competitive scholarship program. Scholarship America, Inc. will select scholarship recipients based on the above selection criteria.
|Maximum Awards Per Academic Year
|Applicant without demonstrated financial need
|Applicant with demonstrated financial need
Is my dependent eligible?
- Dependent children (age 26 and under) of full-time and part-time HCA Healthcare-affiliated employees who have a minimum of 90 days employment by the application due date
- Biological, step or legally adopted children living in the employee’s household or primarily supported by the employee
- High school seniors, high school graduates or current postsecondary undergraduates who plan to enroll in a minimum of 12 hours of undergraduate study at an accredited U.S. two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year
- All generations of students are eligible; first generation college students will be given preference
- Any area of study is eligible; STEM majors are preferred
Note: Children of employees with a Corporate Senior Vice President title (and above) are ineligible.
How to Apply
Go to LearnMore.ScholarsApply.org/hcahealthcare to apply and learn more. The application window will be open from Jan. 3- Feb. 28, 2020 at 3:00pm, central time.
Note: To apply, the student will need the employee’s HCA 3-4 ID and facility name. If the employee does not know this information, he/she should call HCA hrAnswers at (844) 472-6797 for assistance.
This scholarship program, including review and selection of recipients, is administered by Scholarship America, a nonprofit whose mission is to mobilize communities through scholarships. Scholarship America, Inc., will process and review applications and notify recipients. In no instance does any officer or employee of The HCA Foundation or HCA Healthcare play a part in the selection of scholarship recipients.
(Visited 1,039 times, 1 visits today)