Apply for the Mission Belles Nursing Education Fund Scholarship by June 8, 2020
The Mission Belles Nursing Education Fund Scholarship is a perfect opportunity for nurses who are enhancing their practice through education. Ten awards of $1,000 each are available to senior RN students.
What is the Mission Belles Scholarship?
The Mission Belles Nursing Education Fund is named in honor of Mission Hospital’s Nursing School Alumni and may be used for expenses incurred during the senior year in an Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree in a nursing program (first time RN only). Pisgah Health Foundation is sponsoring the 2020 awards.
Who is eligible?
Eligible students must be enrolled in a fully accredited Associate or Baccalaureate of Nursing program (first time RN) who will graduate between December 2020 and August 2021, in the Western North Carolina Area.
Criteria for the scholarship includes:
- Overall B average (3.0 unweighted GPA) from the nursing program the student is currently enrolled
- Official sealed transcripts, reference letter(s) & completed application must be submitted together as a complete packet by the application deadline – June 8, 2020
- Late submissions will not be considered
What should your reference letter include?
- Letter should state how long the person providing the reference has known the applicant and in what professional or personal context
- Letter should include why the applicant should be considered for a Mission Belles Nursing Education Fund Scholarship
- Letter should describe that the person recommending the student has personal knowledge of the applicant’s community service or activities, academic achievements and/or anticipated career goals
- One recommendation letter is required
How do I apply?
Applications are available upon request. Email Linda.Anderson1@HCAHealthcare.com to request an application packet. The application deadline is June 8, 2020.
Mail completed packet containing application form, reference letters, official transcripts and any attachments to:
Mission Belles Nursing Education Committee
c/o Linda Anderson – Center for Clinical Advancement
1 Hospital Drive, Suite 6200
Asheville, NC 28801
(Visited 590 times, 1 visits today)