2020 Flu Season Ahead – What You Need to Know about This Year’s Flu Vaccine and Exemption Process
Mission Health recognizes that getting an annual flu vaccine is one of the best ways to protect our patients, community and fellow team members from harm. This season, staff will be required to get their flu shot by 11:59 pm on October 31, 2020, unless approved for an exemption.
As we prepare for flu season ahead, here’s what you need to know:
- Check the Flu Vaccine 2020-2021 page for details about when, where and how to get your vaccine at Mission WorkWell locations.
- NEW for 2020-21, all Flu Vaccinated Team Members will receive a “sticker” to be worn on their employee ID badge during Flu season.
- Team members seeking religious or medical exemptions can begin the process now. Click here for a medical exemption form. For religious exemptions, please request a religious exemption form by emailing NCDV.FluReligiousExemption@hcahealthcare.com.
- If you get your flu vaccine at a non-WorkWell clinic, you must complete the form provided.
- All unvaccinated team members will be required to wear a medical face mask at all times within the walls of our facilities or when providing care in patient homes or alternate settings beginning November 18, 2020 until the end of the flu season. This will be the case throughout the duration of flu season.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not come in to receive your flu vaccine until you are feeling better. Please remember to wear a face mask when coming into WorkWell and be mindful of social distancing guidelines. When receiving your flu vaccine, please be sure to dress appropriately (either a short sleeve shirt or a shirt with loose sleeves) to facilitate efficient and safe vaccine administration.
For details about this year’s vaccine and the information above, visit the Flu Vaccine 2020-2021 page.