Important Flexible Spending Account Updates for 2021
In accordance with the Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2020, Mission Health has adopted the following voluntary changes to provide more flexibility to Health Care FSA and Day Care FSA participants.
Making Changes During the Year
You may change your 2021 FSA elections by calling HRDC (828-213-5600) on or before October 31, 2021 to:
- Start, increase, decrease or stop your Health Care FSA contributions. However, you may not reduce your benefit elections below the amount already reimbursed to you before you request the change.
- Start, increase, decrease or stop your Day Care FSA contributions. If you elect to stop your contributions, the plan will turn off your contributions going forward. However, the plan is not able to refund contributions you made prior to your election change. Such amounts will remain available for reimbursement of eligible Day Care FSA expenses.
All election changes will be effective the date the election change request is made. Complete the Benefit Change of Status Form and submit it to HRDC.
Unused 2020 Health Care FSA Amounts: All unused amounts (including amounts above $550) remaining in your Health Care FSA as of December 31, 2020, may be carried over and used for reimbursement of eligible expenses incurred during the 2021 plan year. You may access carryover funds to pay for eligible 2020 expenses from January 1 to March 31, 2021 period. Effective beginning April 1, you may also access carryover 2020 funds in excess of $550.
Unused 2020 Day Care FSA Amounts: Unused amounts remaining in your Day Care FSA as of December 31, 2020, may be used to reimburse eligible Day Care FSA expenses you incur from January 1 to December 31, 2021. These amounts may be used to reimburse eligible expenses incurred during the 2021 plan year for the care of a dependent under the age of 14.
In order to qualify for these enhancements you must:
- Be an active Mission Health team member in a benefits eligible status
- For the health care FSA, you cannot be enrolled in the Health Savings Plan
- Transfers to HCA are not eligible for health care or dependent care roll-over money from the Mission Health plans
Contact MedCost for information about your accounts, including the available balances, at 877-275-2718.
(Visited 624 times, 1 visits today)