Apply for the Mission Belles Nursing Education Fund Scholarship by May 16, 2022
What is the Mission Belles Scholarship?
The Mission Belles Nursing Education Fund is named in honor of Mission Hospital’s Nursing School Alumni and may be used for expenses incurred during the senior year in an Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree nursing program (first time RN only, not RN to BSN). Pisgah Health Foundation is sponsoring the 2022 awards.
Who is eligible?
- Persons enrolled in a fully accredited Associate or Baccalaureate of Nursing program (first time RN) who will graduate between December 2022 and August 2023 in the Western North Carolina area.
Criteria for the scholarship includes:
- Overall B average (3.0 unweighted GPA) from the nursing program in which the student is currently enrolled.
- Official sealed transcripts, reference letter(s) & completed application must be submitted as a complete packet by the application deadline.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- For seniors who graduate between December 2022 and August 2023.
- $1,000 awards are available to qualifying nursing students.
- Funds will be distributed after the final drop/add date for the semester and will be made payable to the school in the name of the student.
- Unused funds must be refunded to the Mission Belles Nursing Education Fund.
Instructions for letters of recommendation:
- Letter should state how long the person providing the reference has known the applicant and in what professional or personal context.
- Letter should include why the applicant should be considered for a Mission Belles Nursing Education Fund Scholarship.
- Letter should describe that the person recommending the student has personal knowledge of the applicant’s community service or activities, academic achievements and/or anticipated career goals.
- Two recommendation letters are required.
How do I apply?
Applications are available upon request. Contact Cathy Wood via email at email@example.com
You may also find the application here.
- Mail completed packet containing application form, reference letters, official transcripts and any attachments to:
Mission Belles Nursing Education Committee
c/o Cathy Wood, Strategic Funding Lead
Pisgah Health Foundation PO Box 2440 Brevard, NC 28712
(Visited 123 times, 1 visits today)